Brian W. Hong, M.D.
- Minimally Invasive Laparoscopic Surgery
- Colorectal Surgery
- Breast Surgery
- Endoscopic Procedures
- Reflux Disease
- Diseases of the Thyroid and Parathyroid Glands
- Gall bladder and Pancreatic Surgery
- Hernia repair
Dr. Hong is a Board Certified General Surgeon. He is a graduate of the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health in Madison, Wisconsin and completed his general surgery residency at the University of Illinois at Chicago, Illinois He completed his residency in general surgery at the University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics in Madison.
He is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. This designation means that Dr. Hong’s education, training, surgical aptitude, professional experience and ethical conduct have passed a thorough evaluation and are consistent with the high standards expected of Fellows by the College. Dr. Hong is also a Diplomate of the American Board of Surgery. Certification as a Diplomate is voluntary and exhibits a surgeon’s dedication to continuous learning and providing superior care to patients.
Dr. Hong’s interests include laparoscopic surgery, endoscopy, colorectal surgery, thoracic surgery, and endovascular surgery. Dr. Hong also devotes time to teaching at the Medical College of Wisconsin Central Wisconsin campus.
Dr. Hong’s interests outside of the operating room include spending time with his family and playing golf. He has participated in Doctors in Recital for the Fox Cities and is a board member of the University of Wisconsin Medical Alumni Association. Dr. Hong is a Wisconsin native and enjoys watching all Wisconsin sports teams.
Education & Training
Bachelor of Science, University of Wisconsin, Madison
Doctor of Medicine, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health
Internship and Residency
University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL
Licensures and Certifications
- License, Medicine and Surgery, State of Wisconsin
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- Diplomate of the American Board of Surgery
- ThedaCare Medical Center – New London
- ThedaCare Regional Medical Center – Neenah
- ThedaCare Regional Medical Center – Appleton
Associations, Memberships & Organizations
- American College of Surgeons
- Wisconsin Medical Society
- Wisconsin Surgical Society
- Surgical Collaborative of Wisconsin