Cynthia L. Geocaris, M.D.
- Robotic Surgery
- Breast Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Laparoscopic Surgery
- Surgical Oncology
- Colorectal Surgery
- Endoscopic Procedures
- Spine Exposure
- Vascular Surgery
- Emergency Trauma Care
- Bariatric Surgery
Dr. Geocaris has been a board-certified general and vascular surgeon in the community for over 18 years. She originally practiced in Green Bay with her father. She has a broad-based surgical practice which includes minimally invasive surgery, breast surgery, bariatrics, endoscopy, spine exposure, varicose veins, vascular surgery and trauma.
During her career in Green Bay, she started a bariatric program at Bellin hospital in 2001 and then led a bariatric program at ABMC for two years. She also led the breast health steering committee at Bellin hospital for many years.
Dr. Geocaris has a special interest in robotic surgery and has completed over 1200 robotic cases. She started performing robotic surgery in 2005. Dr. Geocaris ran a hernia mentor site at ABMC from 2017-2018.
As a consultant for Intuitive Surgical, Dr. Geocaris teaches robotic surgery to other surgeons, assigns case observations and leads group lectures throughout the Midwest.
Education & Training
University of Wisconsin, Madison WI 1991
Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine, Maywood IL 1995
University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison WI 1995-2000
Licensures and Certifications
- License, Medicine and Surgery, State of Wisconsin
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- Diplomate of the American Board of Surgery
- Advanced Trauma Life Support Certification
- Verified Trauma Surgeon – American College of Surgery
Hospital Associations & Positions
- ThedaCare Regional Medical Center- Neenah, Neenah, WI
- ThedaCare Regional Medical Center – Appleton, Appleton, WI
Associations, Memberships & Organizations
- Fellow American College of Surgeons
- Society of Robotic Surgery
- Society of Laparoscopic and endoscopic surgeons
- ATLS Certified