Kara A. Vande Walle, M.D.
- Robotic Surgery
- Breast Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Laparoscopic Surgery
- Surgical Oncology
- Colorectal Surgery
- Endoscopic Procedures
- Vascular Surgery
- Emergency Trauma Care
Dr. Vande Walle is a Wisconsin native. She obtained her undergraduate degree in biomedical engineering and her Master of Population Health Sciences at the University of Wisconsin-Madison and her medical degree at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Michigan. She completed her general surgery training at the University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics in Madison, Wisconsin and her fellowship training in Advanced GI/Minimally Invasive Surgery at the Cleveland Clinic Florida in Weston, Florida.
Dr. Vande Walle’s interests include minimally invasive laparoscopic surgery, robotic surgery, breast surgery, endoscopy, surgical oncology, vascular surgery, pediatric surgery, colorectal surgery, endovascular surgery and emergency trauma care.
She has a special interest in advanced gastrointestinal and minimally invasive surgery. She has certifications for laparoscopic and endoscopic surgery and is trained in robotic-assisted surgery. She has co-authored numerous articles on general surgery and the care and treatment of patients with cancer.
Outside of the operating room, she is a busy wife and mother of 2 children.
Education & Training
University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI. 2010
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, 2015
University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI. 2019
University of Wisconsin Hospitals and Clinics, Madison, WI 2015-2016
University of Wisconsin Hospitals and Clinics, Madison, WI 2016-2021
Chief Resident, University of Wisconsin Hospitals and Clinics, Madison, WI 2021-2022
Advanced GI/Minimally Invasive Surgery, Cleveland Clinic Florida, Weston, Florida 2022-2023
Licensure and Certifications
- License, Medicine and Surgery, State of Wisconsin
- Certification – Fundamentals of Laparoscopic Surgery
- Certification – Fundamentals of Endoscopic Surgery
- ThedaCare Regional Medical Center – Neenah, Neenah, WI
- ThedaCare Regional Medical Center – Appleton, Appleton, WI
- ThedaCare Medical Center – Berlin, Berlin, WI
Associations, Memberships & Organizations
- American College of Surgeons
- Association for Academic Surgery
- Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons
- American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery