Jeffrey Burkett, M.D.
- Minimally Invasive Laparoscopic Surgery
- Colorectal Surgery
- Breast Surgery
- Surgical Oncology
- Endoscopic Procedures
- Anti-reflux Surgery
- Emergency Trauma Care
- Diseases of the Thyroid and Parathyroid Glands
- Retroperitoneal Spinal Exposure Surgery
- Vascular Surgery
- Endovascular Surgery
- Thoracic Surgery
Dr. Burkett is a Board Certified General surgeon. He is a graduate of the University of Illinois College of Medicine in Chicago, Illinois and completed his general surgery residency at Loyola University Medical Center in Maywood, Illinois.
He is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. This designation means that Dr. Burkett’s education, training, surgical aptitude, professional experience and ethical conduct have passed a thorough evaluation and are consistent with the high standards expected of Fellows by the College. Dr. Burkett is also a Diplomate of the American Board of Surgery. Certification as a Diplomate is voluntary and exhibits a surgeon’s dedication to continuous learning and providing superior care to patients.
Dr. Burkett’s interests include laparoscopic surgery, robotic surgery, endoscopy, surgical oncology, endocrine surgery, colorectal surgery, thoracic surgery, vascular surgery, endovascular surgery, and emergency trauma care. He specializes in performing retroperitoneal spine exposures and has performed over 4,000 such procedures throughout his career.
Dr. Burkett’s interests outside of the operating room include spending time with his 4 children and 3 dogs, fly fishing, exercising, reading and traveling.
Education & Training
Bachelor of Science, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Illinois 1984
– Phi Beta Kappa, Edmund J. James Scholar
Doctor of Medicine, University of Illinois College of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois, 1989
– Senior Class President
Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, Illinois 1989-1994
– Chief Resident 1993-1994
Licenses and Certificates
- License, Medicine and Surgery, State of Wisconsin
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- Diplomate of the American Board of Surgery
- Advanced Trauma Life Support Certification
- Verified Trauma Surgeon – American College of Surgery
Hospitals Associations and Positions
- Theda Clark Regional Medical Center – Neenah
- Theda Clark Regional Medical Center – Appleton
- Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin – Fox Valley
- Aurora Medical Center – Oshkosh
- Ascension NE Wisconsin – Mercy campus
- Orthopedic and Sports Institute of the Fox Valley – Appleton
- Advanced Spine Center of Wisconsin – Neenah
Associations, Memberships & Organizations
– American College of Surgeons
– Wisconsin Medical Society